Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Same God?


I had the privilege of speaking in Chapel yesterday at the Christian school that my kids attend. I spoke to the Kindergarten through 5th graders, and that means you kind of have to act out the lesson. I used the passage of Scripture in James chapter 5 all about prayer. I had someone there in the audience call my phone and I pretended that God called me. It was kind of fun to hear their laughter at first. I focused on a few BIG words for them when it talks about praying "fervently" and "earnestly". At the end of that passage it talks about a guy named Elijah and how he prayed that it wouldn't rain, and God held off the rain for 3 1/2 years. Then he prayed again that God would send the rain and He did!
My question to them and to all of us is: Do we believe we could pray that way and that God could do the same kind of thing today?
We DO pray to the same God that Elijah prayed to thousands of years ago, and I believe with all my heart that God WANTS to do the same kind of miraculous things today.
Here's proof:

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen!

He really does want to do more than we could ever ask or even imagine!
Pray and try it out for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment